Welcome To The Tanoan Community Association
This website is designed to keep every resident and future resident informed and up-to-date on the vital issues that affect all homeowners. You will quickly find access to the governing documents, calendars of upcoming community meetings, copies of our latest Tanoan Talk newsletter, home improvement information and links to association pages and the e-mail address of all officers and directors.
The Tanoan Community Association, Inc. is located to the west of Eubank Blvd. in Albuquerque’s far northeast heights, with its own homeowners association. Our community consists of ten individual neighborhoods providing a variety of housing options. Our families enjoy an environment of open green spaces and family friendly living in a well cared for community that has gracefully matured since its inception.
The Tanoan Community Association, Inc. has committed and talented neighbors who have come together with great ideas, and then volunteered to put them into practice. There are always important decisions to be made about how to continue maintaining and improving the look and feel of our community. We encourage you to get involved in community social events, volunteering as a committee member or just voicing your opinion at board meetings. We hope you will share your talents as we continue to maintain a safe and desirable community in Albuquerque’s far northeast heights.
Message from the Board of Directors
As we head into the holiday season, those of us who live in Tanoan have much about which we can be thankful. We live in a beautiful community with many amenities; we have neighbors and friends, both old and new, with whom we can celebrate the holidays; and we value the quality of life that Tanoan provides.
The holiday season, beginning with Thanksgiving and extending into our own personal religious celebrations followed by celebrations of the New Year, is a time for both reflection and giving, and the New Year is a time for personal resolutions. Here are some thoughts on finishing 2019 and sliding seamlessly into 2020.
- Celebrate the season with your neighbors. We have many new residents in Tanoan, and the holiday season is a wonderful time to get to know the people on your street and in your neighborhood. Spread some holiday cheer with an open house for your neighbors or organize a pot luck dinner to introduce folks one to the other is a great way to celebrate the season and welcome in the New Year. How about an oldfashioned cookie exchange, rolling out your family’s favorites complete with grandma’s recipe.
- Think about how you can share your time and talents in Tanoan. The Board of Directors is always looking for volunteers to join our team. We are very open to hearing ideas and suggestions for improving our community, and over the past year we have established a number of new committees to address issues of concern within the community. Whether it be an existing committee, a social group, or just a group of neighbors looking for a place to meet, think about using the meeting room at our Tanoan offices as our community center.
- Take on an exercise regimen. Tanoan is a great place to walk, bike, jog, or even roller skate. We have safe streets and a beautiful landscape that provides us with a safe and secure place to get out into the brisk winter air and shake off the doldrums of darker skies and shorter days.
- Volunteer in the larger Albuquerque community. There are many groups and organizations that would welcome our time and efforts. We don’t have to drive too far outside of Tanoan to see the many people in need who live in our city. From literacy volunteers to volunteering at homeless shelters to providing food to the hungry, there is much that we can do to support those who are less fortunate than are we.
- Celebrate a safe and secure holiday season. We all read about and hear about the many schemes that prey upon older citizens and those who don’t have family close by in their senior years. Look in on your older neighbors this holiday season and make sure that they are safe. This is the time of year when “porch pirates” help themselves to the packages and gifts that are delivered to our homes. Even though we have Community Patrol staff, let’s be sure to look out for each other, particularly those folks who live alone.
- Lastly, make sure that you take time to connect with family. The holidays are a great time to reestablish contact with those friends and family who have fallen out of our lives. A holiday card, a phone call, or an email can be just the thing to build bridges back to those folks with whom we’ve lost contact.
We want to wish everyone a safe and joyous Holiday season and a wonderful New Year from the Tanoan Board of Directors and the Staff at Tanoan.
Board of Directors:
- President: Debra Saine
- Vice President: Walter Gibson
- Secretary: Marshall Adams
- Treasurer: Charlotte Schoenmann
- Director: Richard Searle and Liaison to the Planning Committee